Vive Espana


Toledo, Spain



Day 1 in the ICU

Scrubbing in!



The main Cathedral in Toledo











My hilltop city!

Palace at Aranjuez, Spain

Gardens at Aranjuez, Spain



Hey guys!  So about a week ago I started my internship where I am shadowing doctors for the next 5 weeks IN SPAIN! After being here a week, I was able to get settled in and am able to give an update. There is a group of 10 of us from my university living in Toledo, Spain and working in the local hospital.  This city is beautiful and contains so much history that there are even buildings here that date back to the 1st century.  On Sunday, we arrived in Toledo and settled into our hotel since we would have a busy week ahead of us.  We are all stationed in different departments each week and this allows us to get an up close view of what it is like being in the healthcare industry.  This week I was in the ICU and was able to witness a few surgeries throughout the week.  I got a little nauseous on the first day since I had never witnessed a surgery or been that up close with a patient, but I found some useful tips online and the rest of the week was a piece of cake.  We have group excursions on Wednesday and Sundays, so during the week we went on a tour of Toledo and learned of all the different local legends and experienced authentic Spanish food.  This city is built on a hill so my calves are very sore and I'm hoping to have toner legs by the end of the trip since we walk everywhere!  On top of our shadowing, we are also teaching English to the doctors at the hospital and we participate in a Spanish course twice a week to help improve our speaking skills.  Also, I will have the opportunity to volunteer in Pediatrics and spend some time with the children.  On Sunday, we had an excursion to Aranjeuz and took a tour of the palace and walked through their large garden in the city.  So far I have had the time of my life and I can't wait to shadow Cardiac Surgery this week and I will be sure to give an update!
Follow my adventure on Instagram: michaeladangelo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lagunas de Ruidera

Waterfalls of the Grand Canyon