Waterfalls of the Grand Canyon



The 10 mile hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon was so worth it once I saw the first waterfall.  After hours under the hot sun and being covered in red dust the feeling of satisfaction came once I put my feet into the crystal blue water.  There were 4 waterfalls we swam in and our campground was right in the middle of them.  We put up our hammocks and survived off of nutella and bagels for 2 nights...with the occasional 2 mile hike to the cafe in the Supai village for a burger (I am American after all)  The waterfalls were spectacular and I wish I was able to take more photos but I was busy swimming in the water and enjoying myself to be too caught up with technology.  My favorite one was Mooney Falls which stood at 200 ft tall and required up to navigate down wooden ladders and rough terrain in order to reach the bottom of it.  We camped for 2 nights and then made our way out early in the morning to avoid that hot Arizona sun.

This adventure is definitely doable for most people.  The hike was moderate to difficult and if you are worried about it, there is a helicopter that will take you from the top of the hill to the village or you can ride in on horses.  Once you're in the village, it is about a 2 mile hike to the campground and waterfalls or if camping isn't your style there is a small hotel in the village.  A reservation is required and we made ours about a month before our trip since it fills up fast during peak season!  Happy adventuring :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vive Espana

Lagunas de Ruidera