Chop Chop: Bringing My Damaged Hair Back to Life


The final product
My hair after the second treatment
My natural hair (it was not that red, just bad lighting) being colored the 1st time

I naturally have light brown hair and a year ago I decided to start adding blonde to it when the balayage technique started to become popular.  The first time (June) I had it done it looked great, but I noticed after a few months the color started to turn yellow and seem brassy.  I wasn't surprised as it was the first treatment of going brown to blonde and decided to have it redone in January.  I chose a different hairstylist as my previous one was no longer there and emphasized to her my dislike of how the color changed and how I wanted to go a lighter blonde.  She whipped up the color and my hair looked great! She even convinced me to buy a new brand of shampoo, Tea Tree, as it was a Paul Mitchell Saloon.  I had received a cut that day as well and knew there was a problem a week later when I felt like I needed another cut due to breakage at my ends.  I figured this was due to just getting new color and ignored it and kept with using the products she had recommended, but it only got worse.  By April my hair was a mess.  The bottom of my hair was severely dry even after conditioning in the shower and was super brittle.  I hated running my fingers through it due to the awful texture and wanted the hair gone.  My friend recommended her stylist to me and I made an appointment with her for May.  She noticed my hair was very over processed and agreed we had to cut 6 inches off to get rid of the dead hair.  She also told me to throw out the Tea Tree products as they tend to dry out hair even more by stripping them of natural oils.  She did a deep conditioning treatment on my hair as well to try and bring back some life to it and by the end it felt soooooo good! It felt healthy and fuller and I couldn't be happier.  I bought the hydrate shampoo and conditioner from Pureology based on her recommendation and it has done wonders to my hair.  It keeps my hair hydrated and soft in between washes since I only wash it every few days.  After showering I also add It's a 10 to my hair before brushing it and my hair is loving it.  I couldn't be happier! Now I just need to work on styling shorter hair.... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vive Espana

Lagunas de Ruidera

Waterfalls of the Grand Canyon